Friday, January 25, 2013

Chelsea Dagger Time!!

You all know about my soft spot for the New Jersey Devils.
But, they're in the Eastern Conference.
Totally separate than my beloved Western Conference San Jose Sharks.
What I haven't told you is that I occasionally cheat on my Sharks with a little team known as the
Chicago Blackhawks.
It's not my fault. I can't help it!
They're like a piece of chocolate cake in my hockey diet, just tempting me with their awesomeness.
It's not just that they happen to be one of the most handsome, swoon-worthy teams with
Jonathan Toews, Viktor Stalberg, Patrick Sharp,
and Niklas Hjalmarsson(What is going on over in Sweden?! I need a one way ticket there ASAP!)....

but it's the fact that they're just a straight up amazingly, talented team.
As you can see they currently have the best record in the entire NHL, not just in the Western Conference.
Thank you, Siri.
Yes, it's early in the season. In fact, it started less than a week ago.
I understand that, but it's never too early to start taking out my Tazer t-shirt!
 Shall I start counting my chickens now, or give it a couple weeks?

Anyways, this is about the Hawks most recent game.
Thursday night's game against the Stars.
 It was tied 2-2 at the end of the 3rd making them go into OT.
With less than 3 1/2 minutes left Patrick Kane made a sick behind the back pass to Marian Hossa.
 
In a playoff game last April, Hossa took a hit from Raffi Torres of the Phoenix Coyotes and had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher. He suffered a concussion and was out the remainder of Chicago's season.
If there was any concern as to how he would be feeling or playing after that, last night's game winning goal was the perfect way to put everyone's minds at ease.
Kaner obviously had do his celebratory jumping hug after that one.
I want one of those!
It's those types of passes and goals that make hockey incredible.
Those crazy, unexpected, mind-boggling plays that remind exactly why you love the sport.
It's been a great first week of hockey!
There are some good vibes going on throughout the league, or at least in my favorite teams.
This season is gonna be good. I can feel it.

 I'm ending this with the cutest reporter ever! 20 years from now this kid is going to be famous.



~B. Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment