Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013 Top 30 List: Part One.

On Tuesday Cosmopolitan released their 2013 version of 30 Hottest NHL players.
I didn't really agree with some of their picks for it so I decided to make my own list.
I believe that it's best to keep this type of stuff to the fangirl professionals.
Sorry Cosmo, but you have to do more research before you post something like that.

Anywho, my list goes in no particular order.
There's no specific rank of hotness quality.
Except for numero uno.
He is only first because I love him and he is always number one in my book.
My deepest condolences to the other 29 teams.
It's nothing personal.

Let's get this started, shall we?

1. New Jersey Devils: Adam Henrique.
It's probably not a surprise that it was him. He was my very first Hey Boy on here.
To quote the show Chuck, "Your jaw was chiseled by Michelangelo himself."
How about for kicks we just throw in his cheek bones as well.

2. Winnipeg Jets: Zach Bogosian
Him and all of his scarves skated on to our TSC radar a few months ago and we haven't looked back since.
With this hottie in Winnipeg I don't know how it's possible that the nickname for the city is "Winterpeg". You'd think his face alone could heat up the whole place. Bring on the smolder!

3. New York Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist
 Joey the Jr. Reporter's mom has good taste.
I feel like that word fits perfectly for him.
Henrik Lundqvist: the real life McDreamy.

4. Chicago Blackhawks: Jonathan Toews.
Captain Serious, or Captain Seriously hot!
See what I did there? Sorry, not sorry.
He's a fantastic hockey player, an awesome captain, super humble even after everything he has accomplished by just 24 years old, and he's just great looking!
I can't believe Cosmo missed him!

5. Pittsburgh Penguins: James Neal
There's not one thing I don't love about Nealer.
Except that he's not in San Jose. But that's ok. I forgive him.
Our main checklist for this man....
Sick hockey player? Check!
Great hair? Check!
Can rock a pair of tube socks like no one else's business? Super check!
Passes our TSC Top 30 List with flying colors!

6. Boston Bruins: Tyler Seguin
Ahhh. At last. Tyler Seguin. We cannot make this list without my birthday twin.
Okay, fine! I agree with Cosmo on this one.
He's the obvious choice for it. No one on the the Bruins team compares to Segs/

7. Montreal Canadiens: Carey Price
Just like Bogo we noticed the Habs' starting goalie only a few months ago.
I know what you're thinking, "Oh girl. you so crazy. How did you not know about this guy??"
Apparently, I pulled a Patrick Star and was hiding under rock. Oh well. Better late than never, right?
His fiance is one lucky chickadee. Best wishes to those two!

8. Minnesota Wild: Zach Parise
He was traded from the Devils to the Wild back in July.
One good thing about that is now he won't have to be runner up to Mr. Henrique on our list.
He now gets his own spot. Congratulations!
Will I miss him being a Devil? Yes, because even though I am a Sharks fan I have a soft spot for them.
But, just because he plays for a different team doesn't mean I still can't admire him from afar.

9. Ottawa Senators: Erik Karlsson
How Cosmo completely forgot about him when making their list, I don't know.
It's crazier than Leonardo DiCaprio in Shutter Island. (Oops. SPOILER ALERT!)
I mean, there's not even wind and his hair blowing back all Fabio-like.

10. Anaheim Ducks: Bobby Ryan
It's not just the fact that he's super cute that makes him the pick for the Ducks.
It's also that he is a total cat person, as in posts tons of pictures of his 2 kitties on Twitter.
Major brownie points for that!
Cats aren't the typical pet for a 25 year old hockey player. You usually see more dogs in the mix.
Very original. I like it!

11. Washington Capitals: Mike Green
There's not a better guy to be picked for the Caps spot than Mikey.
Though they're not visible in this picture Mike has a ton of tattoos.
I'm not usually a ginormulous fan of so many, but he can pull them off like no one else.
I approve.

12. Tampa Bay Lighning: Teddy Purcell.
I have to admit, I was a little torn on this one.
It was a toss up between him and Steven Stamokos.
I didn't know too much about him before I did this.
Obviously, I can't do these blind. I need to know who exactly I'm writing about.
I learned that he wasn't too big of a hot shot while he was with the LA Kings,
but once he came to Tampa Bay he really flourished as a hockey player.
He went on streak in February-March 2012 when he scored at least 1 goal in 15 out of 16 games.
He ended up finishing the season with a career high total of 65 points.
A true underdog story. Who doesn't love that?!

13. San Jose Sharks: Ryane Clowe
Ah-hah! I bet I surprised you with this one!
Were you thinking that I would pick my main favorite on the team, Logan Couture?
Well, I decided to mix it up.
Besides the fact that he's a total tough guy on the ice(Remember my love of players who can throw down?),
I think it's the unconventional extra e's in his name and the whole Bradley Cooper look-a-like thing that makes him perfect for this.

14. Calgary Flames: Mike Cammalleri
A little while ago I watched a 20 Questions interview with Mike from 2011.
He was asked if he would rather be smart or beautiful.
His answer? Smart.
Luckily, he already has the beautiful thing on lock.

15. Toronto Maple Leafs: Joffrey Lupul
No offense meant to Phil Kessel, but how could Cosmo come up with this one?
All I have to say is Cheryl Burke is one seriously lucky lady.



I wanted to have this list up last week, but my computer is in need of some serious Harry Potter magic repairing.
The second half is coming as soon as possible.

~B. Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment